Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sorry about missing weeks

Hey, real sorry about missing a couple weeks. My computer's been janky as BALLS so it's hard to get this going. Internet's bad too, real bad. Have to post this at the... huh. It's actually 11 o'clock, so if I say 11th hour it means two things.

Neat.

Anyway, onto the writing.

So, we're supposed to talk about the... Wreckage book. Correct? Something like that? Well that's what I'm gonna do anyway. It's a good book, the stories are well put together and varied in style and content. You get a good mix of a few different techniques, which is always good. Some of it reads a lot more like poetry than fiction, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was considered as poetry-fiction. With such a wide array of writers, it would be impossible to point out any sort of over-arching style. However, there's a few things I can talk about.

As a book written by women, and ONLY women, it has an interesting perspective that a book with mixed genders or only men doesn't have. Getting to see society "from the other side of the playing field" is always informative and interesting. You learn things, about how said "other side" lives. For example, the one about the OJ-style case (sorry if I can't remember page numbers or names, having trouble finding that story in particular) shows that there seems to be some kind of gender struggle. Me saying "the other side" probably isn't helping, is it?

As I mentioned earlier, there are a few stories that don't read like purely fiction. The carriage one that we discussed in-depth yesterday was a lot like what I'm speaking about. It read much more... poet-y. I don't really have that great a word for it. That particular story wasn't the only one of its kind, but it's the one I'm pointing out. The words flowed, it was almost non-sensical in form. It definitely read differently than normal.


With there being no more Goldberg jokes to make, I need to find something new.... lemme just look at the author list...

Roni Natov... no...

Rosebud Ben-Oni.... no...

Gwen Hart.... that works.


No comments:

Post a Comment