Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Roberson Response

My response is to the poem on page 41, with the number 1 over it.

As buildings fall into the sea.
I realize it's not meant to be taken literally.

Poems are interpretation.
My mind a poorly formed machine.

The buildings are not crushing coral.
Just a little metaphorical.

He speaks not of vast ecological disasters.
Well actually he is, and that matters.
But he doesn't mean that buildings are actually made of junk.
That idea is bunk.
He talks of our pollution.
And of extinction our collusion.

My rhyming is not good.
I guess food?
But my poem response to Roberson.
Will be over soon.
He's quite a ways better at poetry than me.
A strange source of tranquility.




Boy do I hate writing poems. Cannot WAIT til we get into fiction. Now THAT I'm good at.

1 comment:

  1. good responses here, more on City Eclogue the book? 16/20

    ReplyDelete